Flavoured liquors are all the rage right now. Have you seen the birthday cake flavoured vodka? I’m not sure what preservatives and sweeteners are added to achieve that flavour, but I‘m betting it’s not pure birthday cake!
Did you know that you can use tea to make flavoured liquor? Tea is a great way to flavour your cocktails naturally without added sugar or preservatives. Antioxidants and summer cocktails, all in one!
Here’s how you can infuse vodka with green tea to make the perfect base for your summer cocktails. After all, who says teatime and happy hour need to be separate affairs?
Recommended listening: Cottage Bound on Songza.
– 2 cups (16 ounces) vodka
- Pour the vodka into a clean glass container and add your loose tea.
- Seal and store in a cool place for about three hours. Give it a swirl every once and a while, if you’d like.
- Strain tea using a laser mesh tea strainer or a coffee filter fitted into a funnel.
Gunpowder Green Tea Gimlet
The green tea vodka cocktail you’ve been looking for, this recipe is a take on the classic gimlet (vodka or gin with lime juice and soda) and is perfectly refreshing on a hot summer day!
– 1 oz vodka infused with Seven Sisters Formosa Gunpowder Green Tea
– the juice of one lime (about 1 oz)
– soda water
In a tall glass filled to the brim with ice, add tea-infused vodka and lime juice then top with soda water. If you like your cocktails a little sweeter, add 1 oz simple syrup. Enjoy in moderation.