A customer and Facebook friend posted this sweet recipe idea on the Seven Sisters’ Facebook page a few weeks ago. After experimenting with it at home this weekend, we can confirm that it is indeed delicious. If you have some nice ripe strawberries in the fridge, have a go at putting a few in or just hang in there until strawberry season comes to your area. Naturally, since these were being cooked for the kiddies, we made a few with banana slices in them, effectively strawberry banana pancakes. Delicious!
Let us know in the comments how your batch turns out. Enjoy!
RECIPE: Pancakes Infused With Strawberry Shortcake Tea
1. In a small sauce pan simmer whisking the whole time 1 cup of milk with 2 tsp Strawberry Shortcake Rooibos tea until bubbly.
2. In a separate bowl combine 1 cup flour and 1 Tbsp baking powder
3. Strain cooled milk and whisk with 3 egg yolks
4. Add to dry ingredients
6. Gently fold into mixed batter.
7. Cook in heated pan over medium heat.
8. Add a pat of butter and Canadian maple syrup.
Sit back and enjoy the flavors!