[fbshare url=”https://www.facebook.com/sevensisterstea” type=”button” width=”100″] Bath Bombs are a simple one step addition to make bath time like a little vacation. Lavender is one of the most relaxing, therapeutic scents out there. Many people enjoy it not only in a tea but in countless beauty products as well.
A little history of the beautiful purple plant; It is found mostly in Southern Europe and as far as Southeast India. Harvested primarily for essential oil use, it has been known to soothe headaches, burns, has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, relaxes the body and mind; and of course smells amazing.
But back to the point! Here is how to transform your boring ol’tub into a relaxing spa oasis by making your own lavender tea bath bombs. Super simple to do and pocket friendly.
What you need!
- 1 Cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of citric acid (found at bulk barn)
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 5-7 tbsp of Seven Sister Tea- Lavender (brewed)
- 2 tbsp of Epsom salts
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Mould of choice (circle or silicone ice try)
- *optional* Lavender or other essential oil
- *optional* Your choice of food colouring
(Makes 5 bath bombs)
How its done!
- Combine all dry ingredients and slowly mix in coconut oil until it is evenly distributed. It should look like chunky sand.
- Brew a strong cup of lavender tea. You only need 5-7 tbsp of the liquid so make it have a punch. (If you choose to add essential oils or food colouring, add it to the brewed tea)
- Add in liquid slowly, 1tbsp at a time until the mixture resembles a paste; it should stick together like a snowball. (Don’t be worried when it fizzes a little, that’s a normal reaction)
- Once all is mixed in, Press mixture firmly into moulds. Allow to dry overnight (at least 4 hours) once they are done remove and store in your choice of container.
And it’s that simple! Now just brew up your favorite Seven Sisters Tea, grab your book and enjoy some “me time”.
Remember, if you make your own bath bombs we want to see them! Tag us on Facebook and Twitter @sevensisterstea or on Instagram @markcolonline